Tuesday 3 December 2013

Advent (already?!)


Another 10 days has flown by! I'm still reeling from the fact it's December – how is it this close to being 2014?! I've got 5 advent calendars this year, which definitely makes up for not really having one last year! (I'm not that greedy - I share 3 of them, but no way am I sharing my Percy Pig one!!!) Also, it was a bit scary yesterday when I realised at college that I won't be seeing 4 of the people on my course until the new term, and as they left, we said “see you next year!" 2013 has absolutely flown by, yet it feels like it's been one of the busiest, craziest, up, down, memorable years of my life. Still, there's December to go yet and there's a lot happening.


I feel like I live on the bus at the moment. That saying “time flies when you're having fun” is very true. When I'm actually doing something or with other people, the day has gone before I know it. But on the bus, I'm pretty sure time stands still... I've decided to make a real effort to talk to people while I'm on the bus. Yep, I'm gonna be that annoying person who gets all in your personal space and asks you how your day's been. How very un-British of me ;)


The weather is getting colder and colder. I miss CAR weather more than ever right now. I think if I decide to live abroad when I'm older, I will live somewhere hot! There's only so many extra jumpers I can put on before I look like the Michelin man.


There is lots to do in the office and within the youth work at the moment. In fact, it feels like everyone is really busy; preparing for Christmas or just generally at work. This will be the first Christmas Eve for 3 years when I haven't been either at work or extremely stressed, so I hope it's gonna be a good one :) I better stop waffling now as there's lots to do that won't plan/tidy/annoy Olly itself. Plus I walked back into the office half an hour ago and it smelt like hot chocolate, so I now really want one...

No comments:

Post a Comment