Friday 28 March 2014

I asked Beth to think of a title for this blog and she said, "I'm no good at thinking up blog titles". Thanks Beth.

It's been 3 weeks since my last blog, and it has been a busy 3 weeks. I went to Spain for 4 days to visit my friend, which was lovely. However, last week my brain was still in holiday mode so quite often I had to be told things more than once! 

We have just done 3 weeks of project nights with the younger Pathfinders which was fun. I was really impressed by the bird boxes that two of the boys had managed to make during the woodwork sessions, and enjoyed watching the magic tricks Harry had taught the others. We have finished Pathfinders for this term already as we are hosting a slightly different evening tonight for the young people. The aim is to give an introduction to Christianity and explain why we do what we do. I'm excited as I think it will be a great outreach session and it's always good to have discussion. 

I've finished college for Easter now - it was nice to have this Monday off as I got to visit the board game cafe with some friends (slowly becoming one of my favourite places!!) I've also been on a two day conference with Beth, enjoyed the sunshine while it stuck around (seriously, what is going on with the weather today?!), and been catching up with friends when I can. I'm looking forward to having a bit of time off over Easter especially going to Spring Harvest in a couple of weeks, but I'm sure I will miss all the young people! 

It's weird thinking that one year ago today I was on a plane on the way back to England having just had the worst week of my life. Lots has happened in 12 months! Unfortunately the situation in CAR has not been fixed and has not got better, although there have been little glimpses of hope.

That's all for now. We've got a few things to do before this evening, and I'm sure there must be time for a hot chocolate… ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment