Friday 15 November 2013

Long time, no see...


It's been a while since I wrote a blog. In fact, it's 27 days, 10½ hours of college, a pub quiz, one sticky chocolate pudding (another one of my classic kitchen fails), one goodbye (not forever), 3 watches of Love Actually, and a gazillion cups of tea since I wrote a blog

During half term, Olly jetted off to somewhere nice and hot while Beth and I stuck around in cold England. To be fair, he hasn't properly rubbed that in yet (only a matter of time!!!). I did a couple of days working for an organisation who run days out and holidays for young people with special needs. It was so much fun! And has given me one of those reality checks that I think I need every now and again. The young people are so great and although I was exhausted afterwards, I'm glad I did those two days. I have bucket loads of admiration for people who do it everyday!

Everything has been ticking along as usual but I have so much to do. Alongside all the youthy interny stuff, I am also trying to write a personal statement, keep on top of college assignments and squeeze in some kind of social life outside of work, haha. I didn't feel particularly rested after the half term but I had a lovely time in Wales on a long weekend, last weekend with two of my bestest friends. Time flew by but I have loads more funny memories including going for a walk in ugg boots and falling over in the mud twice! I have since dug out my wellies from the back of the shed and learnt my lesson about sensible footwear :D

I'm praying that this week I can get back on top of work. I haven't looked at my university application in 2 weeks and my to do list seems to be getting longer and longer, yet I still feel encouraged that God has me in the right place and he'll never give me more than I can handle. Just gotta keep trusting (and remembering to write blog updates)...

No comments:

Post a Comment