Friday 24 January 2014

Uni offers, sour Skittles and cups of tea with Kate Feast (which are my favourite and she is just so amazing)


So it's come to that time again when I write a blog. It's been a busy few weeks getting back into the swing of things. There have been some really big positives though :) like I got into my first choice for university! Northampton, here I come... and it's been great spending time with the wonderful youfff again.

I had to say good bye to one of my best friends on Sunday. Rachel has jetted off for 7 months of travelling all over the world! I am really excited for her and it is an amazing opportunity :) but also gonna miss her a lot. I've already heard some funny stories about her adventures including being sick and taking selfies on a plane. What can I say really?! I would've been shocked had she NOT got up to mischief ;) 


I'm really looking forward to going to the SoulNet retreat next weekend with Olly and Beth. It's a weekend run by the people who do Soul Survivor, aimed at youth workers/people who work with young people and giving the opportunity for a bit of a break and some fun at Center Parcs! Unfortunately, I am missing my little sister's birthday (for the second year running) as she turns 19 on the Saturday, but I've got some surprises planned so I hope she won't be too annoyed :D


Recently in the office we have been: thinking lots about the youth weekend away coming up at the end of February, watching Prank vs Prank videos, drinking hot chocolate (shock), planning fundraising activities for Soul Survivor, eating sour Skittles, and keeping busy with all our usual weekly goings on. I'm still loving every moment of being a minion ;)

I've been encouraged in lots of ways over the past week. I think people don't realise how a tiny little comment can sometimes be the most encouraging thing I've heard all day! I feel very blessed to be surrounded by such lovely people.


Before I go, the title of this blog might sound a bit weird, but a certain someone was saying the other day how I never mention her in blogs and seeing as we've done quite a lot of tea-drinking this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment