Friday 14 February 2014

"I came in like a pigeon ball"


It's been a while. That while has been taken up with a lot of stuff though like a promise auction, so much training, a retreat to Center Parcs, a sponsored swim, a 21st birthday, lots of parachute games, a college deadline and a meeting where no-one turned up.


Center Parcs was a lot of fun; some of it “enforced fun” but nevertheless, fun. Olly, Jo, Beth and I got up bright and early (well, early for youth workers anyway) and headed off to SoulNet on Friday 31st. We arrived and within a couple of hours were in the swimming pool, zooming round the rapids and going down flume slides having just eaten burgers (I did warn them that it's not safe because the piranhas can eat you, but they didn't listen...). The rest of the weekend consisted of interesting talks, amazing time to just be with God and so much activity. I'm not sure what happened to me but on the Friday night I had a massive urge to go for a run, so found myself jogging around Center Parcs at 7.45am on the Saturday morning. When I say “jogging around Center Parcs”, what I actually mean is being forced to keep moving by Olly, whilst moaning and wondering what had been put in my tea the night before to make me think this was a good idea. I was also introduced to the joy that is "pigeon ball" - basically, rugby without any rules where you have to try and get to a certain place with the ball in your hands. We played it in the pool which made it even more extreme. However, I think I did pretty well seeing as I'm usually the one who hurts themselves (I've never done anything serious, not even broken a bone, but I'm ALWAYS the one who gets trampled/accidently punched/hit in the head with the metal frisbee) as I only got hit in the face once. 


We've been really busy in the office as always. I'm excited for the youth weekend away which is coming up at the end of this month. It sounds like it's going to be full-on with not a lot of time left to sleep, but having been once before as one of the youfff I know it's gonna be loads of fun.


I am looking forward to having a holiday, preferably somewhere hot after all of this bad weather! One year ago today I was in Bilolo, having the best time ever and actually able to feel my toes without two pairs of socks on. I have Spring Harvest to look forward to – maybe there will be a heatwave over Butlins?!


I'm off to Northampton tomorrow to have another look around the university so that should be good. Then Beth and I are off for a week as it's half term; however, I've got 4 days of work with Yellow Submarine so I'll still be busy busy busy! I'm hoping I can squeeze in some serious sleeping at some point!


That's all for now. I'm off to find some letters and numbers so we can play Countdown at Pathfinders tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment