Friday 4 October 2013

1 blue onesie + too many bakewell tarts + a big realisation = happy third week


I cannot believe how time is flying past. I've just finished my third week as an intern, but it doesn't feel that long (I guess that's a good thing really, and I've not just come on here to moan about how much I hate my job).


Nothing is ever straight forward and the last few months especially have felt like every day is either an up or a down, with the possibility to change in a split second – but this week has been full of ups. Even when things haven't quite gone to plan or I'm running late or I'm struck down by the WORST COLD EVER (and it can't even be blamed on man flu), somehow I've felt happy.


Oh, except the morning when I heard that two stories featured on the news were that Ed Milliband's dad (who died 20 years ago) hated Britain, and (prepare yourself for this one, it's a shocker) ......David Cameron uses a bread maker. NO WAY. So, obviously, I vented my frustration all over Twitter, but was still left feeling #angry whenever anyone mentioned bread. It did cause a lady, waiting at the bus stop at the same time as I was waiting with my friend, to smirk rather a lot as I gave one of those speeches (which you secretly wish someone was filming so you could watch it back and be amazed at how passionate you can actually get over something) about how twisted the world is. I initially got annoyed later on when I told this story and got called “a typical youth” - what was actually said was “atypical youth” :)


Anyway, that massive rant aside, I've been happy. A few things have happened in the past couple of weeks that have smacked me in the face telling me how unpredictable life is and you should never take anyone for granted (a lesson I thought I had learnt already) so I've been making an effort to be positive whether that's at home or work. No joke, I actually helped an old lady cross the road on Wednesday because something reminded me that I only have this one life to do all the good things that God wants me to do.


So that's the attitude I want to carry for the rest of this year. And if everything goes belly up I will remember that “...God intended it all for good...” (Genesis 50:20)
Bring on another week of playing miniature tanks, eating far too many of Beth's cakes, being inspired, and spending time with these amazing young people.  And hopefully no more talk about the PM using kitchen appliances.

No comments:

Post a Comment